Why do Pandoo?
We are not plastic
Plastic has been a staple in the growth of our culture, society, and economic affluence, however…plastic ain’t so fantastic anymore as it’s come at a fairly heavy price. In what ways, you might ask? Well, some include:
- 50% of plastic is never reused or recycled.
- It takes up to 1000 years for plastic to biodegrade.
- Over 1 million plastic bags are used every minute in the world.
- Creating plastic requires fossil fuels (oil), which increases our planet’s carbon emissions.
- Over 8 billion kilograms of plastic end up in the ocean every year, killing so many of our precious marine animals
This is why we encourage beauty salons and beauticians to replace their plastic tools with our more eco-friendly, sustainable solution.
No drastic lifestyle change or stop operating your business …just use our tools and keep on running!
We are made out of bamboo!
Our super-powered plant is actually a grass that grows one metre a day! There are so many reasons to move away from plastic and switch entirely to bamboo, but lets start you off with:
- Bamboo can grow without fertilizers or pesticides.
- Bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Bamboo can regrow to adult size to be harvested within 3 to 5 years.
- Bamboo can grow in many different kinds of environments (China, Africa, South America, USA).
- Bamboo is biodegradable.
- Bamboo produces 35% more oxygen compared to similar plants.
- Bamboo naturally helps rebuild eroded soil.
- Bamboo almost never needs replanting.
- Bamboo is an extremely durable material.
- Bamboo requires far less water than similar plants, therefore often requiring no irrigation systems.
We are compostable!
Buying a Pandoo beauty tool means there is one less plastic ear bud floating around in the ocean or clogging up landfill.
Just plant anyone of our tools in your garden or in your bio-waste bin. It will break down in a few weeks.
Yes weeks. Not 1000 of years!
(bamboo is a rot-resistant material, so it takes collection of weeks to return to mother nature).
We are sustainable
We construct Pandoo beauty tools out of a sustainable material, you guessed it! Bamboo!
Pandoo meets the needs of hundreds of beauty salons around Australia, and yet preserves the natural environment from degradation and destruction.
Yup, you can keep operating your business without compromising the ability of future generations to live on this planet.
The Earth is home to a vast trove of natural resources, including air, water, soil, plants, animals, minerals and land, that together allow human beings to live and thrive. However, in our relatively short time on the planet, we have tended to use these resources with very little thought for the future. We’ve cleared forests, destroyed ecosystems, and burned fossil fuels with devastating impacts on the long-term health of the environment and the prospects of future generations.
Pandoo exists because we believe that it’s possible for humans to both prosper and use the planet’s resources, without harming it.
fall in love with our features
© Copyright Pandoo 2019. All rights reserved